It was recently announced that BTS‘s Jungkook will be the cover of the 2023 Autumn issue of the magazine Dazed UK.
Dazed is a bi-monthly British lifestyle magazine founded in 1991 that covers a variety of entertainment, such as music, fashion, film, art, and literature.
Jungkook is the first K-pop act in history to be the cover of the original Dazed.
The BTS singer’s not-yet-released magazine cover showed him sitting inside a car, holding onto a steering wheel, and wearing a jacket with nothing on inside. With his lip piercing and his nonchalant gaze, he had a “bad boy” image that netizens loved.
Whereas other photoshoots airbrushed celebrity’s faces and photoshopped them, the picture of Jungkook showed the texture of his skin and even the scar he got when he was young. Netizens found this charming.
진짜 정국이 볼 흉터 개좋아함
본인 의지로 충분히 지울 수 있었겠지만
지우지 않아서 얼굴 돌렸을때 나오는 분위기가 서사 오조억개 가능임 pic.twitter.com/9Bzu7D9sUQ
— 즌 (@onereason_JK) September 10, 2023
I really love Jungkook’s cheek scar. He could’ve erased it with his own will but because he didn’t erase it, the atmosphere that comes out when he turns his face gives him 5 trillion narratives.
Korean netizens were in love with the concept of the photo and thought it suited Jungkook well. Many believed he looked like a Hollywood actor and they especially loved the natural skin look.
- “Wow, lol. A tough man concept?”
- “So f*cking hot.”
- “Wow, he’s so manly and sexy.”
- “So hot! Please show us the rest of the photos, please.”
- “These vibes though.”
- “It feels like an album or single is coming soon.”
- “Oh, he came out so sexy.”
- “So handsome. And it’s amazing that he’s the first K-Pop singer to be on Dazed UK.”
- “Even his scar has a plan. I’m proud of myself for already pre-ordering!!!!!”
- “On Jungkook’s chest… I didn’t see anything LOL.”
- “His cheek scar is so hot.”
- “This is overseas-style lol. Look at how they kept the cheek scar.”
- “Ooh Look at his expression. He’s like an actor. The scar is God’s blessing.”
- “It looks like a movie poster. He’s so fine.”
- “Jungkook is really like a popstar Hollywood actor-level”
- “It looks like a 90s movie poster. It seems somewhat old but has a pop feel. It suits him well.”
- “He looks just like a male lead of a movie….. So fine, so handsomeㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ”
- “Oh my, he has become an oppa”
- “I guess overseas magazines don’t blur out their skin like Korean magazines do. It’s natural and looks good.”
- “He’s so handsome like an actor. His non-edited look ㅠㅠ I ordered as I saw it. It sold out immediately.”
- “I think I can tell how the West views Jungkook. The way they kept his scar shows they’re people who know what they’re doing.”
Non-Korean netizens were also on the same page, thinking his photo was flawless. Some said it was one of the best concepts they have seen Jungkook do.
The magazine is set to be released in October, but it is supposedly sold out already.